Monday, March 16, 2009

A little background

I'll be the first to admit that the University of Kentucky men's basketball team has fallen on some hard times. No fan can be truly happy with our current status. However, the "mainstream" media has seized the opportunity to attack our fanbase. Writers, reporters, journalists, bloggers, grandmothers, etc have piled on while we are down. Well, you know what you have to do when you are down and they are kicking you. You stand up.

Thus the creation of this blog. I am not calling for boycotting of papers, television networks, or anything that drastic. What I am saying it is time we stand up as a fanbase. Stop the negativity. As one of my favorite blogs, aseaofblue.com, stated earlier this year, "Embrace the Hate." Realize that they are striking at us because of jealousy or to sell papers. But...

I'd be remiss if I didn't come out and get some things off my chest. So in future posts, I will be expressing some things that may or may not be same point of view as you. I work at a post office and hear a lot of local chatter, but it is just that: gossip and chatter. But it seems some in the media take that and run with it. Some of you know who I am talking about Mr Wilbon and Mr. Davis. So my next post, I will address some of these comments. I am not a journalist, TV personality, lawyer, or have a fancy website. In fact, my wife had to help me set up this blog. All I am is a loyal and humble fan of the greatest basketball power in the history of college basketball (OK, admittedly that may be over the top). But there is a message that needs to be delivered, and since I work at the post office, its time to deliver the mail.








Picture courtesy of Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment