Sunday, May 3, 2009

Maybe I should enter the draft, too


I have to go off topic. Worse than that, it is about Ohio State ( and I refuse to put THE in front.) But this is one of those stories that shows on yahoo when you log on. Being about basketball, I had to read.

Now, you never know the validity of blogs, so you must take it at face value. I am not a big fan of the Big Ten, other than it is technically college basketball, so I don't know for sure that he is even on the team. But if the post is true, pompous and arrogant would not begin to describe the NBA.

To summarize, somebody on the end of the bench has a blog to chronicle his splinters. Mr. stand up and clap when the players with talent do something enters his name in the draft. No kidding. NBA says you can't do that. Yes I can. No you can't..or else. From Jerry Seinfeld lore, "No Soup for you." BTW, did you know that the soup nazi has his own website. (picture from www.jimfravel.com) Seriously, like this scrub was getting drafted. People question how high Meeks would/will be this year. The NBA thinks he is making a mockery of the draft? Are they watching the playoffs? Didn't Detroit already do that with the Iverson for Billups trade? What about the "dress code" fiasco that they tried to enforce. It makes you want to support the NCAA about challenging the big bad NBA's withdrawl date. They thought when he entered his name in the draft he was making a mockery, then what do they think it is when they ask him to withdraw? And now when it makes headlines? Better yet, he is not offended. Or mad. He gets a kick out of it. And true to point, he may be the only person this year that was asked to leave, in that way the bouncer asks you to leave when you have had way too many.

Why not just let it pass? Is this a sign of the times? Maybe it wasn't so much he put his name in the draft, but he has his own blog. What could he have posted that they are so scared to be made public. Much like the tootsie roll pop, it will probably be left a mystery.

But it makes you wonder what would have happened if John Wall had tried the loophole to enter the draft this year. Is there a conspiracy? A cover-up? I don't know, but I thought about entering the draft, but alas they called me too. I have a blog. But that's not the problem. Karl Malone threatened to kick their collective butts if they let me. He wants ownership of the mailman. But this is my message, and I am just delivering the mail (Sorry Karl...or I mean Mr. Malone. Don't you remember the size of his arms?)

No comments:

Post a Comment